LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robert.hovakimyan

Show all hidden controls and indicators

User should right click and select "show control" to show hidden control. That option becomes very hard In case there are many hidden controls and indicators in the big code.

"Show all hidden controls and indicators" option would be very useful.

Show all hidden controls and indicators.jpg

9 Comments
Darren
Proven Zealot

I added a Show Hidden Controls and Indicators menu option in LabVIEW 8.2, but it's currently only shown on Global and Control VIs:

showhidden.png

I lobbied that we add it to the menu for all VI types, but the powers-that-be didn't want a feature that would be rarely used to always be in the regular VI menu.  So I wrote a VI that gives you an entry point for this feature for regular VIs.  Check out this weekly nugget for more information.

-D

Eric_BOB

Hi

Few time ago, i have develop one JKI Rcf Plugin who do that. Youcan test it if you want.

You can send me email at eric.bobillier@rennes.inra.fr if you want it.

Regards

Eric

ghighuphu
Active Participant

Because Eric has published the plugin(s) himself, I hope it is OK to display the link:

Rcf Plugin Proposition

Thank you Eric!

M

GarryG

This should be in the out-of-the-box LabVIEW dev environment.

CLA, CTA
Not my tempo... AGAIN!
Intaris
Proven Zealot

I would still prefer a tree-list of all objects ont he FP (and BD) of a VI with associated properties just a click away.

BVSmith

A workaround is to click Edit/Set Tabbing Order.  All the controls in the VI will appear.

Brian Smith
Advanced Light Source
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Trusted Enthusiast

You can see the controls/indicators but cannot edit them.

d.w.b

I want to be able to select multiple (Shift+Click... or Click+Drag if the hidden objects are grouped and commented) terminals on the block diagram and hide them too. In other words, in addition to showing them to update something then be able to hide them again like they were.

d.w.b

@BVSmith wrote:

A workaround is to click Edit/Set Tabbing Order.  All the controls in the VI will appear.

That is only a partial workaround. Not all VIs will appear. That utility only operates on controls on the Front Panel; it does not show hidden controls that are within a container such as a tab control.