LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ASTDan

Property Node Error Input and Output on the bottom

Any idea that has received less than 6 kudos within 6 years after posting will be automatically declined.

It would be nice if the Error in and out of of a property node was on the bottom of the primitive instead of the top.  This would conform more to LabVIEW style.

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

9 Comments
RavensFan
Knight of NI

Can you give an example?

I can't agree with this idea.  Since property nodes can be expanded downward, if the error terminals are at the bottom, the position of the wires would change if you add more properties.  It also would not truly follow dataflow because the error terminal is evaluated first to determine if the property nodes are to be executed which are then executed in a top down order.

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)
Having the error code cluster in a spot that doesn't move when the node changes size is highly desirable. In fact, this is a change we are strongly considering for all growable nodes.
ASTDan
Active Participant
My thought it would be nice if adding properites would go up.  I know this is a move away from the current property node.  However my error cluster is on the bottom of my state machines.  I like to grow my state machines up.

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

RavensFan
Knight of NI
Feed your state machines well.  Send them to school for a good education.  Keep up with doctor and dentist appointments, and your state machines should grow up just fine.  Smiley Wink
ASTDan
Active Participant

I worry about my state machines they need oportunity, room to grow...

How about the ability to pick where the error cluster is wired into (top or bottom).  Default would be the current paradim (top).  That way you have backwards compatibility, and only the crazy people like me would use the feature.

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

PJM_Labview
Active Participant

Maybe it does not have to be either way but both way (up or down). Additionnally if you make the yellow node area 32 pixels tall (like most primitives or VI Icons), you will not have the error cluster (or reference) getting out of alignement if you pull up or down.

Note: The node would still exectute top down.

New Property node.png

Maybe this need to be a separate idea?

vipm.io | jki.net

JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast
PJM... make it a separate idea, I would vote for it. In the least, I would love to see where the discussion goes.
Ray.R
Knight of NI

PJM-Labview's idea is interesting, did he ever propose it?

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 6 kudos within 6 years after posting will be automatically declined.