From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wolfkil

Nonlinear Curve Fit.VI with error input and output

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Up to LV 2010 the "Nonlinear Curve Fit.VI" has an Input for the data weighting. For sure this could somehow be related to measurement errors of the data, but as this is not documented and not for a daily user well known it would be nice to have an additional instance were the input is not the "Weight" but the "Std. Dev. of y".

In a similar way it is not totally straight forward to calculate the standard deviation for the "best fit coefficients" from the "covariance matrix". So an additional output "Std. Dev. of best fit coefficients" would be very helpful.

4 Comments
altenbach
Knight of NI

I usually put a wrapper VI around it where I process the inputs and outputs further and create the data structures I need. I would hate it if we had more connectors.

wolfkil

That is easy for guys like you who knows this VI very well, but probable not for a daily user. And with the input I am asking for another instance such that there would not be an additional connecter for this. And for the output of the SD of fitting parameters I want to say that normally analysis programs (e.g. Origing, QtiPlot, PAW) give the standard deviation for the fitting parameters. So quite a lot will be used to handle with these values but not with the covariance matrix.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

This is a dead thread, I know, but regarding the last part of the request, the Nonlinear Curve Fit Intervals.vi (advanced curve fitting palette) provides almost exactly what the OP was asking for:

Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 13.50.07.png