LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kelam

Give Case Structure a second selection ring at bottom

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined.

I would like to see a second case selector on the bottom of the frame in case and event structures.  When frames become larger than the screen, it would be nice to have another selector to eliminate excessive scrolling.

Also it could be optional for when frames are small.  Add the option to 'enable second selector' when right-clicking on the frame.

multiple case selector.jpg

6 Comments
PhillipBrooks
Active Participant

kelam wrote:

... When frames become larger than the screen, it would be nice to have another selector to eliminate excessive scrolling....

I don't think many experienced LabVIEW programmers are going to agree with this. I'm sorry, but if your frame is larger than your screen size then you need to change your programming habits.

If the frame contains that much code, you should be using a state machine, or placing some of the functionality of that case into a sub-vi...

Now is the right time to use %^<%Y-%m-%dT%H:%M:%S%3uZ>T
If you don't hate time zones, you're not a real programmer.

"You are what you don't automate"
Inplaceness is synonymous with insidiousness

JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast

An idea that encourages Case Structures to be larger than the screen receives an anti-vote from me.

CMal
Active Participant
I don't mean to quibble, but the item you're referring to is the Selector Label.  The Case Selector is the tunnel with the question mark.
Knight of NI
One issue I see with this is that if the case structure is as large as you indicate, and all you see is the selector label and only part of the horizontal border, then how do you know that you're looking at the bottom of a case structure as opposed to the top of a different case structure?
Spectre_Dave
Active Participant
I agree with JackDunaway.  Fit code to one screen!
Visualize the Solution

CLA

LabVIEW, LabVIEW FPGA
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined.