LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yamaeda

Mark selected Connector pattern

Moved to CAR database: CAR 511588

(Unless it's already changed in newer LV's, i'm on 2011 right now)

When opening the connector pattern, the current isn't marked in any way. If i'm after some extra connectors or a symmetrical one (why do people choose 3-1-1-1?) it'd be nice to quickly see where to start looking. A simple bold outline would suffice, maybe in blue?

ConnectorPane.png

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
11 Comments
PietH

Great Idea

A-T-R
K C
Trusted Enthusiast

Just like it did in LV 8. Somewhere between 8 end 2012 the marking of the current pattern disappeared.

Kees

Show Pattern.jpg

Yamaeda
Proven Zealot

Nice catch KC! That'd basically change it to a Bug instead!

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
K C
Trusted Enthusiast

I knew I saw this before. Maybe there is someone how can have a look at LV 2009-2011 to see where this feature was lost.

Also NI should react one this one I think.

Kees

TomOrr0W

K C,

I can confirm on my computer that LabVIEW 8.5.1 didn't have this feature, leaving the loss to be somewhere between it and your version of LabVIEW 8.

Darin.K
Trusted Enthusiast

LV8.2 has it, LV8.6 does not so 8.5 seems to be the culprit.  I suppose I am always looking forward, I do not care what it is or was, I only care about what it is going to be....

That said, the current behavior is bad UI mojo, definitely a bug in my book.  Since my word of the day is apophasis I will not make a joke about this being the top new feature of LV15.

K C
Trusted Enthusiast

I hope someone at NI will take some action for this "new LV15 feature"  Smiley Happy

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Moved to CAR database: CAR 511588

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

This should be fixed in LV 2015.