LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prayas

HyperLink control in boolean palette

some time there is need to display your menu item in application like hyperlinks.Smiley Sad

Labview doesnot provide direct solution for this. If you want to customize button control to look like hyperlink, It will add too much code including event structure(please Suggest if anyone have efficient solution) which is not really afforadble if you have multiple hypelinks.Smiley Mad

So I suggest that labview should have a built in hyperlink control which will behave like hypelinks when mouse enter and leaves over control and gives Boolean TRUE when pressed. ....Smiley Very Happy

2 Comments
RavensFan
Knight of NI
  1. Create a string indicator from the Classic palette.
  2. Color all the parts transparent.
  3. Enter your hyperlink text.  (And since this is an indicator, you would be able to programmatically change the text when the VI runs.)
  4. Resize control if necessary to fit text.
  5. Go in and color the text blue and underline it.
  6. Set the indicator to be disabled.
  7. Use an event structure in your code to detect the Mouse Up event on that indicator.

A way to get what you are looking for until NI happens to make it a part of LabVIEW.

FooFooFoo

What we really need is the ability to disply html encoded text on a labview front panel.  I know this could balloon into an entire web browser embedded in labview, but I'm talking simple html tags in text field getting underlined and showing up as a hyper link.