LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
altenbach

Go to output location after building

Already implemented in LabVIEW. Available in LabVIEW 2010.

Whenever I built something (executable, installer) I want to go to the output location to change some filenames for distribution (e.g. I change "volume" folder of the installer to contain the name and version in the program name), zip things up to post on the server, etc.

On the final progress screen, where it tells me that the built has finished, I would like an additional button to open the target folder location(s) in explorer (similar to e.g. when downloading a file using IE) while dismissing the dialog.

Right now it says:

"The build is complete. you can locate the built at <very long and hard to remember path spread over 3-4 lines and that cannot be coped/pasted from this dialog anyway>."

Well, if the builder is smart enough to know where things are, why can't it just directly take me there as an option? 😄

8 Comments
JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast
Much needed, I have always wanted this. Invariably, the first thing I do after a build is go to that folder... might as well be a button to take me right there.
Matthew_Kelton
Active Participant
You can do this in 8.6 by right-clicking on the EXE or Installer item in the project and select Explore.
Underflow
Active Participant
Can I kudo this twice? Or maybe three times?
TCPlomp
Trusted Enthusiast

When a webservice is deployed, there should be an option to launch a website with the correct address.

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
gmart
NI Employee (retired)

In LabVIEW 2010, there is now a button in the Build Status dialog that will open a window to the destination directory.

George M
National Instruments
G-Money
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Completed
Available in NI LabVIEW 2010
G-Money
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined
Already implemented in LabVIEW. Available in LabVIEW 2010.
altenbach
Knight of NI

I would never decline a completed idea. 😄