From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanyAllard

Change the VI Properties Dialog

Change the VI Properties Dialog to be able to reach the desired option with a single click, Instead of using the drop down menu.

It will be more clear and fast to access properties. 

VI Properties.png

LabVIEW ChampionArchitect
4 Comments
JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast

Dany, you have come up with some thoughtful improvements! I consistently find myself toggling between execution, window size, run-time position, and documentation, and this would make that navigation MUCH easier.

smmarlow

Kudos!  I was going to post this idea today, but found this old post and didn't want to duplicate.  I think changing the dialog to make it the same or similar to the LabVIEW options dialog is a very good idea.  In the process, the number of categories could be reduced.  For example, with a larger dialog, all of the windows properties should easily fit on a single page.

Also, with so many window options, perhaps a menu for selecting saved window configurations?  The window configuration selector would come with "Dialog", "Application", etc,. out of the box.

VIproperties.png

PaulG.
Active Participant

Making UI's more consistent always makes life easier. Great idea.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

There is a duplicate of this idea that quickly got 40+ kudos. Not sure how many of those are duplicates, but this idea clearly causes some excitement:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Option-Dialog-like-VI-Properties-Dialog/idc-p/2149736#...