LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
altenbach

An option to hide edge markers of axes

We can specify custom markers for axes, but even if we do so, there will be two additional markers that cannot be hidden: the Min and Max!

I would prefer an option to get rid of these two extra markers. Often they are distracting and not desirable for a clean look. For example we might want the x-axis to start at zero, but we want some padding to the left so data points (e.g. small circles) are not cut off by the other axis. Here we might want the x-axis min to be e.g. -0.02, but we still want the first maker to be at zero with no markers to the left of it.

If I specify custom markers, these are the ones I want, nothing else. 😉

Message Edited by altenbach on 06-10-2009 04:22 PM
8 Comments
Intaris
Proven Zealot

Absolutely.  Should be easy (?) for NI to implement.....

Shane.

Erik Månsson

Yes! I think the new options could be added to the "Scale style" set, where you currently can decide if ticks or inner markers should be displayed.

Broken_Arrow
Active Participant

I like Erik's idea above.

Richard

PaulG.
Active Participant

Indeed. 

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
SGIE

Stumbled acros this, thanks for this great idea, I support it

nileracecrew

I just ran into this as well.  It's hacky, but I worked around it by putting some flat box decorations to cover up the end ticks.  In my case, the plot ranges are fixed, so I'm not too concerned about formatting changes poking out from under the boxes.  

altenbach
Knight of NI

One problem is if we want to change the scale range manually at run time. Maybe the edge markers should appear temporarily while we mouse over the corner so we can enter a new value.

LLindenbauer
Active Participant

I have just had the same question and came here from a forum post discussing this. Adding decoration labels on top seems not like a clean solution.