LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dustin_W

Allow structure resize to capture code not just move it

PROBLEM:  There are often times when I decide I would like to include some code that is just outside of a structure.  Currently in order to get it into the structure I have two options:

1. Grow the structure, move the code inside, reattach all the wires, rearrange code so that the spacing is correct again.
  2. Delete the structure and readd it.  (This option is not valid for sequence structures where I'just want to move code from one frame to the next.)

SOLUTION:  Allow a control (or shift) when resizing a structure that causes the structure to capture the code rather than move it.  This should not break any wires.  In essence, it would be like redropping the structure..  Note this could also work in reverse.  If you size a control smaller, it would exclude anything outside the new boundaries of the structure.

7 Comments
GregSands
Active Participant

That would really be helpful.  Current option 1 is painful, and option 2 means reconnecting things like N on for-loops and the selector on case structures.

JackDunaway
Trusted Enthusiast

Related Idea that is specific to the Sequence Structure.

jgcode
Active Participant

This is a really cool idea.

Certified LabVIEW Architect * LabVIEW Champion
fomine

Many kudos!

-fomine

Major time-saver.  I want it!

gerh

This is a realy great feature. I've just looked for this featue to edit a flat sequence and I've seen this is a general issue which has been addressed periodically.

If I sum up all the kudos of this and the ideas which follow the same target, then there should be more than 300 Kudos.

So, please give Kudos!

Edit:

It would be great to keep the actual behaviour (shift code with growing frame) and to switch into the innovative "capturing mode" by holding e.g. the shift key.

tobyscott

This idea deserves way more kudos