Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ActiveX control of a Horiba Jobin Yvon spectrometer iHR320 with Synapse CCD

Solved!
Go to solution

We are using an iHR320 spectrometer with a Synapse CCD. The program to control the spectrometer is called Labspec5.

The spectrometer and camera are connected through USB.

When trying to connect via Labview some VI's are available from HYJ.

Connecting to the Spectrometer goes just fine using an ActiveX routine "JYMono Type Library Version 1.0"

Almost similarly it should be possible to use an activeX routine to connect to the CCD with an ActiveX routine called "JYCCD 1.0 Type Library Version 1.0"

This VI is always failing at the OpenCommunication method.

Maybe some camera information is missing (ccd1)

Although this problem is obviously not within Labview I hope a Spectrometer user will recognize this problem and can give some advice.

Thanks in advance,

Erik

error.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 36
(9,288 Views)

Are you sure you are calling the functions in the proper order? Are you sure Open Communications( ) is suppose to come after Load( )?

EDIT:

Do the LabVIEW drivers they provide not work?  http://www.horiba.com/scientific/products/optical-spectroscopy/software/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 36
(9,273 Views)

It's to bad but I'm indeed using their VI's. So that can't be the problem. I assume the load() get's the right CCDsettings from registry and then try to connect with these settings.

However, I just tried with your proposal but unforunately that gives the same error.

It's installed on XP and LV2011 which can't be the reason as well for apparently this has proven to work.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 36
(9,262 Views)

Since this is a USB device, does it show up in Windows XP Device Manager?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 36
(9,253 Views)

Yet it does. Even nicely called image device.

The program to do simple (single) mm included in the setup is working fine. The problem is that I want to do lots of measurements >1000.

I keep on trying.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 36
(9,251 Views)

Yes, but your error has nothing to do with the lots of measurements you want to make. I can't see the other program you are mentioning.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 36
(9,249 Views)

Sorry but it appears I always seem to forget some information.

The setup on itself works fine without Labview. The automation part of the CCD with HJY standard VI's just refuse to work.

Don't know which DLL's are used to communicate and what settings are needed.

Anyway, thanks for thinking along.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 36
(9,245 Views)

Hello Erik,

The error you encounter when trying to control your CCD with ActiveX can have many causes.

Here are some hints:

-       Did you try to run your code without the execution highlighting?

-       You said you don't know what dll is used. But haven't you received any document regarding the ActiveX control from Horiba? Don't you know the parameters the ActiveX control needs with the version of the application you use? Any readme or helping documents in the Horiba package? In other words, are you sure the VI is written for the right version of the CCD soft you use?

-       Have you a 32bit or 64bit system ? You can have issue if using a 64bit system.

-       What do you know about the “uniqueid”? Don’t you have to set the specific ID of your CCD instead?

Also, can you post the exact error message?

I don’t have a precise view on how to solve your issue at the moment, but start by looking at those points above and let us know the evolution !

Cédric | NI Belgium
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 36
(9,231 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author EmcV

Succeeded !!

With some puzzling and a lot of luck I managed to get the right registry settings.

This was information I requested from HJY for months 😞

Thanks for support.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 36
(9,201 Views)

Care to share what the "registry settings" are and what else you did so there is a permanent record of this?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 36
(9,195 Views)