Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications Number glitch?

Solved!
Go to solution

@X. wrote:

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

X. wrote: Speaking of which, since we are talking about responsive interface, what about a "Go to first unread post", which most other forums I am familiar with offer to their users?

This is a user chosen setting. Go to My Settings > Preferences > Linear Layout > Just to first unread post in a topic

That obviously doesn't work (for me).

For another data point, it's been working for me.  I've had the setting set all along, if that matters?

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 34
(1,487 Views)

@elset191 wrote:

@X. wrote:

@LiliMcDonald wrote:

X. wrote: Speaking of which, since we are talking about responsive interface, what about a "Go to first unread post", which most other forums I am familiar with offer to their users?

This is a user chosen setting. Go to My Settings > Preferences > Linear Layout > Just to first unread post in a topic

That obviously doesn't work (for me).

For another data point, it's been working for me.  I've had the setting set all along, if that matters?

Me too, the snapshot I took was what I found when I visited the page.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 34
(1,484 Views)

This is also working for me. If you could please do the following:

If you see a topic that has new posts for you to read (indicated by the bold title), please right click and copy the URL. Please provide the URL here. I want to check that you are seeing this appended to URLs: /jump-to/first-unread-message

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 34
(1,474 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 34
(1,470 Views)

Did you copy that URL from the topic listing? I emulated your account and everything appeared as normal to me. I am wondering if it is specific to your browser then. Which version of Safari are you using?

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 34
(1,465 Views)

No, I started from the notification page.

If I start from the topic listing, here is what I get:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Feedback-on-NI-Discussion-Forums/Forum-threads-design/m-p/3327252#U3327252

So, essentially the same result.

My Safari version is 9.1.2 (11601.7.7)

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 34
(1,462 Views)

The notification page doesn't work the same way as a topic listing page (I sense an enhancement request coming for that).

I just emulated your account on a Macbook Pro using Safari 9.1.2 and the topics on the LabVIEW board had the "jump to" portion added to the URLs. So I am lead to believe it may be an issue specific to your setup. Have you tried clearing cache/cookies?

Has the jump to option ever worked for you?

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 34
(1,456 Views)

I cleared my cache/cookies (Preferences>>Privacy>>Remove All Website Data) and this doesn't change anything to the behavior.

I don't think the jump-to feature ever worked in my case, but I tend to forget things...

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 34
(1,442 Views)

Sorry to ask you to try different troubleshooting steps, but if we're unable to reproduce this issue then all we can do is make suggestions until we narrow down the problem.

Have you tried another browser on your same machine?

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 34
(1,440 Views)

Yes, it doesn't work either on Chrome in Windows 7.

Is there a chance this is something related to user name like there was a discussion for a user "Rod" a short time ago (I will NOT change my user name because of a stupid website glitch though).

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 34
(1,435 Views)