Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum threads design

Solved!
Go to solution

I think message settings should have compact or widescreen view. The problem is that with default settings on 1920x1080 screen I see only 3 messages, 2 lines long each. 6 lines of information on the whole screen total. It is a very inefficient use of window. 

1) Thread name as a caption for every message in large font is useless. Does anyone forget topic he is reading by the second message?

2) User information (name, profile picture, class). Previous design with this information on the side was more convenient.

3) Signature. I would really appreciate an option to hide it. I understand that you want to share all your achievements, somebody's wise thoughts, LV badges, cat photos, but not in every message!

4) Font size. Default one is huge, I had to set browser zoom to 75%. ni.com articles, hardware description and specs font is normal with 100% zoom.

Above features take 80% of screen height with short messages. I am really surprised this happened in LabVIEW community that is aligning elements with 1

pixel precision in the other window.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,643 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alexander_Sobolev

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the feedback. Much of this has also been brought up in the topic here. We are working to address what can, and other items are being considered.

The ability to hide signatures is a new request though. There is no functionality like this, but we can log this enhancement request to our platform vendor, Lithium.

~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,640 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alexander_Sobolev

Update: I found the setting does exist! My Settings > Preferences > Preference Options > View signatures in posts

~~~~~~~~~
Message 3 of 3
(3,632 Views)