BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find a beeline in a log log scale :)

@Jacobson-ni wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

And yes, the early heavy posters have a biased low kudos count. The prime example is Dennis, who has significantly more posts than me, but fewer Kudos. 

Dennis also didn't get any kudos from the idea exchange which would be another reason for the lower kudo count.

We get a similar pattern from the LabVIEW forum alone. It might be interesting to repeat the graph for only that forum.

You are also trying to correct in the wrong direction, because the top kudoed participants apparently have fewer kudos than expected, so disregarding the ideas exchange would probably make the curve more nonlinear. Who knows. 😄

(Next thing we are suddenly talking about crowd size and crime statistics :D)

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 26
(4,701 Views)

One thing I asked myself: With the introduction of Kudos, the old stars where given at once by the lithium admin. Do they count for the LabVIEW group  ??  I think No, but I don't know...

Doesn't matter on the long run....  just statitics 😄

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(4,694 Views)

He is just one Kudo short.

9999.png

Anyone care to bet if he breaks to forum formatting when he clicks past 10K ?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 13 of 26
(4,670 Views)

He hit the 10k.  In LabVIEW!  Impressive.  I didn't think he'd break any format reles since those 10k kudos represent less than 40% of his total kudos (26,234 as of the moment)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 14 of 26
(4,656 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

He hit the 10k.  In LabVIEW!  Impressive.  I didn't think he'd break any format reles since those 10k kudos represent less than 40% of his total kudos (26,234 as of the moment)

Yes Sir!

While all of the Kudos Christian has earned in teh Idea exchange have made a nice difference and improved LV with his great ideas, those Kudos said "I like that idea, add me to the list of backers" the Kudos in the LV forum are more along the line of "Thank you, I learned something!" messages. 10K is a big pile of learning that has his name on it.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 15 of 26
(4,647 Views)

The nice thing with kudos is the fact that I cannot do anything about them, their arrival is completely out of my control.

If I give kudos, it could be for many reasons. Maybe I learned something, maybe I just like the post, maybe I want to simply acknowledge to the author that I saw it, and maybe I just used a kudos to "tag" it so it shows up on the short list of recently kudoes posts, and if it shows in bold later, I see that there is new activity that might interest me.

I still get lots of kudos for ancient posts, so I could just sit back and relax and kudos will continue to flow in forever. 😄

Message 16 of 26
(4,632 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

I still get lots of kudos for ancient posts, so I could just sit back and relax and kudos will continue to flow in forever. 😄

I haven't posted enough for this to happen to me often... but those are my favorite kudos.  Its nice to know that what effort I put in not only helps the person asking the question but continues to help long after.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(4,608 Views)

@BowenM wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

I haven't posted enough for this to happen to me often... but those are my favorite kudos.  Its nice to know that what effort I put in not only helps the person asking the question but continues to help long after.

Which reminds me to share an insight...

The one sure-fire way to improve your Kudo/Post ratio is

Spoiler
to stop posting.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(4,595 Views)

@Ben wrote:

@BowenM wrote:

@altenbach wrote:

Which reminds me to share an insight...

The one sure-fire way to improve your Kudo/Post ratio is

Spoiler
to stop posting.

Ben

Knowing Ben, That is merely an observation not advice.  Keep posting

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(4,580 Views)

You got that right Jeff!

Why live if you are not going to take chances. Anyone can stop, and sit back to watch the ratio go up but it takes guts to step forward and put your ratio in jeopardy to help others.

Spoiler
I think Dante had a place just outside of the gates of hell reserved for people not willing to commit one way or another. They were never allowed to enter heaven or hell and would be tortured for all of eternity by stringing bees prompting them to do SOMETHING.... if I remember correctly.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(4,575 Views)