BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enthusiast Mugs

Hi Michael

It's a pity I'm so far from a window, But you can keep a lot of screws inside the mug,
Especially easy is the sliding surface towards the hole for drinking. All small screws immediately fall through.

greetings from the Netherlands
Message 51 of 69
(7,997 Views)
Hi all,

I don't really know what is an enthousiast mugg, but no matter how hard it is to get one, I am not jalous Smiley Tongue because the mugg I use every day is a genuine colector (that would hit records on eBay). Indeed that very mugg was offered to my father by Jeff Kodosky himself years ago, while he (my father) was in NI Austin to discuss the first LabVIEW builder.
In fact it was Jeff's mugg. One of the first NI mugg with a Mac with a "thermal-screen" that "turns-on" when hot liquid is put inside of it.

Jeff, if you read this, thanks alot,
Antoine CHALONS
from France

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 52 of 69
(7,977 Views)
You must post a picture of that mug! On and Off!

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 69
(7,966 Views)

Do you not trust me ? Smiley Tongue

Message Edité par TiTou le 02-22-2006 07:01 PM

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Download All
Message 54 of 69
(7,970 Views)
I didn't ask for a proof! I just wanted to see it! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 55 of 69
(7,959 Views)

Titou,

WOW!

Would you concider swapping that mug for a LabVIEW Champion's Mug (as modeled by Michael earlier in this thread)?

I'll even throw in an an Official "NI.com/exchange ENTHUSIAST" to go with it.

Seriously.

Pack that baby up and save it for the day when people have forgotten how to spell "C".

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 56 of 69
(7,936 Views)

Would you concider swapping that mug for a LabVIEW Champion's Mug (as modeled by Michael earlier in this thread)?

Sorry Ben, no way I give/exchange/sell this mug ! Smiley Tongue
Hopefully someday I'll get a LabVIEW Champion's Mug by diserving it 😉

I new that mug would make some peolpe jalous outhere Smiley Very Happy

Another tease just for fun. I cannot garantee it is still true, but Jeff K's mousepad at home used to be Saphir's mousepad. Saphir is an NI Alliance Member Company created and run by my father Smiley Wink... (ndlr : the one who received the "precious mug" from Jeff)

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 69
(7,909 Views)

TiTou,

Just looking at that mug made my day. Thanks for sharing your mug photo.

Could you also post a photo of the mug with hot liquid in it (so that the screen lights-up)?

I am somewhat disappointed by Ben's suggestion to acquire the mug as an exchange/sale. I believe the day such sale/barter starts happening, the intellectual and emotional value of NI memorabilia will take a beating. Would anyone value an Olympic medal if it can be purchased?

I sincerely hope that Ben put in that suggestion only out of fun. Being a LV Champion, I guess he needs to lead from the front.

Rgds,

Gurdas

Gurdas Sandhu, Ph.D.
ORISE Research Fellow at US EPA
Message 58 of 69
(7,911 Views)
Hello Gurdas,

I totaly agree with you, these things can't be sold/purchased but only diserved Smiley Tongue

Actually the photo I posted were with hot tea in and the MAC's screen was bright... but look... this mug is almost 20 years old... so now it doesn't work anymore the screen is always "on" like there was hot water in the mug but before, when it was cold the screen was "kind of black" and you could see the waveform ;).

But I will always remember the day my father came back home (in France) from Texas with that mug. I was just a kid. He brought many presents back for my mother, my sister, for friends, etc... And the "only" thing I got was that mug. He noticed I was quite
disappointed so he took me appart and told me that in fact this "magic mug" was the most precious thing he brought back ; I remeber saying "there's no magic, it's just a simple mug !"
Now I realize how true it was, this mug was, and still remain, a great present.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 59 of 69
(7,905 Views)

TiTou:

Thanks for sharing your childhood memories. And look at you now, a Proven Active Regular on your way up the ranks! Who could have known LabView was in your future. Amazing how the stars align sometimes. Best wishes,  you shall earn a Champion's Mug someday.happy smiley

-AK2DM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"It’s the questions that drive us.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Message 60 of 69
(7,895 Views)