Feedback on NI Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feeling depressed...

Molly,

When I dare to find out who are the on-line users, I often get the kind of display attached to this message. The wizzard brother is watching me, with his glittering eye. .. And see, he is even able to travel backward in time. This is deeply depressing ! Are you sure that nothing can be done to solve this multiple manifestation problem ? 🙂
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 1 of 10
(8,432 Views)
I suspect a 32 bit field is required for Christian's on line time.

While they are at it, they should do the same for the number of replies to handle Dennis.

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 2 of 10
(8,400 Views)
CC -

This is a funny one! Looks like altenbach has a time machine and can go backwards!

There are a couple things going on here that add up to what you are seeing:

1 - The automatic timeout time is now 3 hours to reduce the number of times you lose your long posts. So, if you close your browser without logging out or open multiple browsers, the time it takes for your session to expire is longer and you show up on the list multiple times. Now that the time to expire is longer, the number of duplicates in the table has gone up.
2 - The field that shows the time online apparently isn't equipped to handle the number of minutes.
3 - The public view of Users Online shows multiple records for each user. The administrator view shows more information about each of the entries in the list so it makes sense to show multiple versions of each because there is unique and interesting data associated with each.

The first one is already on the list, the second one I will add to the list, the third one we brought up a long time ago and got the explanation of why it's happening but I don't think it actually made the list so I will add it now.

Thanks for pointing this out! Have a great day!
Molly K.
Web Support & Operations Manager
National Instruments
Message 3 of 10
(8,393 Views)

@Molly K wrote:
Looks like altenbach has a time machine and can go backwards!

Shhhh....
Message 4 of 10
(8,377 Views)
Molly,
I think I have got another challenge idea : before the developper team solves the multiplication problem, I propose that we search for the largest number of instances.

Of course, I propose... while you offer the mug ?

In Altenbach case, things are getting worse, as demonstrated in the attached .png.
No wonder that Ben was uptaken by someone who can multiplicate(*) himself...

So, present record = 12 !

CC

(*) funny that : multiplicate <> multiply, duplicate<> duply ?
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 5 of 10
(8,346 Views)
did someone say: MUG ???

😉
Message 6 of 10
(8,241 Views)
I wonder if the online statistics would have to be divided by some factor, e.g., if it says:

There are currently 416 members online and 3915 guests

How many are duplicates? 😉
Message 7 of 10
(8,236 Views)
Actually I have had twenty-four

see here

I was trying for a whole page of instances.

:)Just send the mug to....;)

Ray.
Regards
Ray Farmer
Message 8 of 10
(8,237 Views)
I wonder how this adds up in the "Minutes Online" count. Mine is currently at "53412", or about 890 hours.

(At $120/hour, NI owes me now over 100k! :D:D:D)
Message 9 of 10
(8,208 Views)
I remember when I was going to university... IT people were charging well into the $200/hr.

I doubt they get that much now. In the high days of Hi-Tech, consultants made anywhere from $90 to $175/hr, with a few oddballs at up to and over $200/hr.

Today, the market is saturated with the unemployed, so the $$$ went down dramatically. The average is around $60-65/hr. So if you're in the US$120/hr, then WOW!!! How do I convince my wife to move south... 😉 😉 😉
Message 10 of 10
(8,189 Views)