cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication between nodes

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I have a question about wireless network. Can i transmit data between nodes? Here is my setup. i have WSN 9792, WSN 3202(End Node) & WSN 3230(Mesh Router). I want to get a analog measurement on WSN 3202 and send it to WSN 3230 directly.I try to use network shared variable to read the analog value on 3230 but get nothing. So is there any solution ?

Thanks

Andy 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,015 Views)

Hi,

i just want to ask question that why are you trying to send the data to NI 3230 node if you making it as a router. Routers are meant for completing the wireless network if you want to extend the range of a network then using routers you can easily extend your range of a wireless network, you can make routers as any nodes offered by NI WSN system.

Just take the analog measurement with the help of NI 3202 analog input node and finally transmit the data to NI 9792 programmable gateway.if you want to keep your node beyond the range of a wireless network then include router through which you can make your data hopping

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,012 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author wcchung33a

Hey Andy,

You must first send all data destined for a node through the gateway. To send data back down to another node you would have to use a message. http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/372802D-01/lvwsnref/wsn_host_pal/

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,999 Views)