Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI WSN 3212 and 3202 when uploaded with Target VI fails to reconnect again to the Ethernet Gateways

NI WSN 3212 and NI WSN 3202 when uploaded with a new firmware using ''add LABView WSN Target'' option, fails to re connect with the ethernet gateway NI WSN- 9791. In MAX, Link Quality status is  'Signal Lost'.

Basically, I tried to change the sample interval from within the "Sample "case structure, then built the VI and deployed to both the WSN nodes. They show the status of uploading firmware and the LABView also shows 'deployed successfully' message, but then, nodes just start scanning and never connect again.

Please help in this regard.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,226 Views)

Hey Binary,

Can you deploy an unmodified Sample VI to make sure they work as expected? 

Can you post your code as to how you modified them?
If you havent been able to communicate when them since programming you can reset them to factory default but pushing the button inside the battery compartment for 5 seconds the node will refresh back to factory. 

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,219 Views)

When I deployed the unmodified version, i.e. that has the sample interval set to 5, I still can't make the sensor nodes connect back again after the deployment.

I am using LABView 2013 and LABView 2103 Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) module Pioneer.

When I reset the nodes by 5 sec button press procedure,they can connect again. But not with the VIs added,neither the sample Vi provided nore the edited VI.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,190 Views)

Hello Binary, 

Have you tried running an example or a test file created by you? I was thinking maybe we could try with a simple vi instead of the whole code you want to run. 

At www.ni.com/examples you can find examples to run. You could try with the following example taken from the mentioned link by writing wsn 3212 as keywords on the search bar. 

Community: Temperature Measurements using Programmable WSN-3212 Node, NI-9795 C-series Gateway, and cRIO-9075 controller.
https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-23364

Are you getting some kind of error message?

Please check the batteries to see if they are giving the voltage they should. 

Regards. 

Ernesto

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,172 Views)

Hi Binarystar105,

Can you reinstall the full labview with wsn pioneer, let see it should work then

Regards,

Abhinav Sharma

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,165 Views)