From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Wireless Sensor Networks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the Sampling rate

Hi,

May I know how do I change the sampling rate on a Thermocouple node dynamically through a VI on the host ? 

I notice there is a Config node in the "Start" case where I can set the "Sample Interval Mode" to "Host Driven" but I do not know how to continue after that...

Thank you very much !

Regards,

Xinke

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,908 Views)

Host Driven means that the project settings (right-click on the node > Properties) will determine the sampling rate.

What you will need to do to change the sampling rate from the host is to send a message to the WSN node for the host VI (preferably through a user-defined variable) to tell the node to change the sampling rate.  Then you can use that invoke node to affect your sampling rate (aka do not use Host Driven).

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,677 Views)

Hi,

Is there an exemple how to use user message with WSN, I don't have any idea what to put in the message to chage properties as sample rate or sensor power.

Thank you

Mathieu

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,660 Views)

A user message is created by simply right-clicking on the node and selecting "Create User-Defined Variable."  Once you set it up, that variable will update over the network automatically.

Once you've got that setup, you need to figure out how you are going to use that variable.  You should probably start here: The LabVIEW Wireless Sensor Network Module - Under the Hood

Note: User-defined variables are only available in LabVIEW 2011 for WSN.

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,655 Views)

Hi everyone

Can somebody tell me the differenece between

1. The sample interval in the "START" case in the node programming and

2. The sample interval we get by right clicking on the node >> properties

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,278 Views)

The sampling rate in the start case is only effective if the sample interval mode is on "VI driven".

If it's on Host driven, then the sampling rate is the one set in the node properties.

Have a nice day

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,241 Views)