Volume License Agreement Community Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would like a Data Validation Feature in vlmclient.exe

We use VLM 3.1 and have used it to create a custom vlmclient.exe with custom fields for registering with our VLM.  We were also able to make certain fields "*Required" to insure the registee enters appropriate meta-data so we can track usage by business unit as we use the information to determine how to distributed costs for the licenses across the corporation.  However, what I have found is that some people who register put things like "NA" in the "Required" fields and the VLM accepts this because it has now data validation features that I am aware of.

What I would like to see if a data validation feature for the fields.  I THINK they have a drop-down list feature, which is not what I need.  One of the fields we required is a valid email address with "@companyname.com" extension at the end.

Message 1 of 2
(4,440 Views)

Thank you for your feedback.  Your suggestions help to make the VLM a tool that not only saves time but makes your job easier. 

I have a history of designing web pages and data validation is always important when requesting information on a form.  As you might know building a data validation technique can be quite challenging because "NA" and "N/A" and "na" are not the same to most computer languages.  With that said, thank you again for the feedback.  As we are able to make enhancements to the VLM tool we will strongly consider your proposal.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,624 Views)