VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VirtualBench LabVIEW Drivers

So LabVIEW 2021 is currently in beta and we still do not have LabVIEW 2020 drivers.  Why is VirtualBench software at least a year behind?  Seriously, NI, we who use this device (and I have been pushing to buy more) need up-to-date drivers, if nothing else to keep support with the version of LabVIEW in use.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 1 of 7
(4,126 Views)

Well, LabVIEW 2021 is now official.  So when can I expect to see VirtualBench 21.0 drivers so I can use my VirtualBench with it?

GCentral
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 7
(3,963 Views)

Right there with ya...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,771 Views)

Are there any updates on VirtualBench drivers for Labview 2021?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,369 Views)

Same issue here. Recently bought a VirtualBench and LabVIEW 2021 so we can run some experiments with sensors. Turns out without the drivers we cannot control the VB with LabVIEW. RIP project schedule.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,305 Views)

There is a work around that worked for me. I installed Labview 2019 with the latest Virtual Bench drivers version 19.0. Then I copied the recommended folders and files over to Labview 2021 (see link below). I made a backup copy of the folders and files, just in case a future Labview update removes them. Then I uninstalled Labview 2019.

There is a 3rd party driver for Virtual Bench, JKI VIPM - Digilent Waveforms VIs that you can install too. However, it has very limited access to device features. I noticed no DMM and the Power Supply can only output 6V.

Hopefully this works. Good Luck!

Add Functions From Old Version of NI-VirtualBench to Current LabVIEW Version - NI

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,300 Views)

NI, I spent a couple of hours and did your job for you.

Attached is a package that puts the VirtualBench drivers in the LVAddons folder, so it can be used for LabVIEW 2022 on up.  It does depend on the VirtualBench Runtime 19.0 package.  VIs are saved in 2019 with the separate from compiled enabled.  Sorry, but nipkg files are block by the forums, so I had to put it in a zip file.

I only did a quick test with 2023Q3 64-bit.  So let me know if any of you have issues.  No guarantees if I can fix anything.

GCentral
Message 7 of 7
(1,740 Views)