VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VirtualBench Demo Digital I/O Static?

Solved!
Go to solution

In the VirtualBench Demo Mode (no VirtualBench connected), the digital I/O control box shows digital I/O behaving as a counter. 

The Digital I/O control box has all lines set to Input.

Activating the Digital I/O in the MSO displays the digital I/O channels, but all appear at a static Low level. 
The MSO allows me to create triggers on DIO signals (either individually or as patterns), but no trigger occurs as the MSO apparently sees these signals as static.

Do I have a configuration issue or is this a limitation of the Demo?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,866 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author SansPants

This behavior is a limitation in the Demo Mode device. There are only a few in-demo "loopback" connections:

1. The FGen output is connected to every Scope channel, with each channel receiving a further 90-degree phase-shift in the source signal.
    • Change the FGen, observe in the Scope.
  2. The 6V rail on the Power Supply has a 100 Ohm resistor connected to ground.
    • Observe in the DMM via Resistance.
  3. The DMM voltage terminals are connected to the 6V rail on the Power Supply.
    • Change the 6V set point, observe in the DMM via DC Voltage
  4. The DMM current terminals are in-line with the 6V rail on the Power Supply.
    • Change the 6V set point, observe in the DMM via DC Current
  5. The Logic Analyzer has three buses:
    • I2C on D3 and D4
    • SPI on D0, D1, and D2
    • Parallel on D16..D23

While a real physical device can plot the GPIO lines in the MSO graph, a demo mode device cannot: the instruments and any other inter-connections are isolated. The demo mode GPIO is there for your blinkenlight entertainment 🙂

Joe Friedchicken
NI Configuration Based Software
Get with your fellow OS users
[ Linux ] [ macOS ]
Principal Software Engineer :: Configuration Based Software
Senior Software Engineer :: Multifunction Instruments Applications Group (until May 2018)
Software Engineer :: Measurements RLP Group (until Mar 2014)
Applications Engineer :: High Speed Product Group (until Sep 2008)
Message 2 of 2
(2,848 Views)