VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Device Not Recognized

Solved!
Go to solution

I have been using my NI Virtual Bench for some time now, and out of nowhere, I am getting a USB Not Recognized. 

Get the same on two seperate PCs - one running Windows 7 and one running Windows 10.  "One of the USB devices attached to teh computer has malfunctioned, Windows does not recognize it".

I have tried reinstalling the driver, rebooting, changing the cable - with now luck.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(5,515 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jkurtz

Hi,

What model hardware model are you currently using? Have you tried resetting the device? Press and hold the Reset Button for 5 seconds to reboot the device into factory default mode. The button can be found on the back panel of the VB-8012 near the USB port. Also, make sure that your virtual bench is disconnected when booting up your computer and then connect it afterwards.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(5,491 Views)

Factory reset, fixed the issue.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(5,457 Views)

Hello, 

My Virtual Bench is the same, USB Device Not Recognized. I try to factory reset 3 time, however, PC cannot find the virtualbench. how to fix it? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,683 Views)

Hello, 

I checked with the Connecting to VirtualBench Using Ethernet solution. It run normally. What is the problem with the USB connector? What is the solution for this case? How to fix it? 

Thanks and best regards!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,674 Views)

Hi,

Is disconnecting virtualbench while booting up the computer really necessary? if it stays connected while booting up(and virtualbench is also on) what could be the consequences? will it damage anything inside the bench??

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,060 Views)