VirtualBench

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request: Digital Bus Trigger

Third company in a row I have worked at that I have convinced my manager to get me a VirtualBench.  And I have gotten better use out of it this week than ever before.  Main feature that has saved me this week is the I2C decoding.  Great work there!  But let's make it better.  What I would really like is a way to do a trigger based on an I2C address.  My use case here is that I am dealing with a multiple master system.  The chip I am talking to is constantly asking for status from a slave.  I am then trying to ask for status from the chip and verify the data with the VirtualBench.  I can often seen a quick blip of my signal, but it is quickly overwritten by the constant status request from the chip.  Makes it really hard to look at the signal I am generating.

And before it is suggested, using an external trigger is not currently feasable in this setup.  I could prove my data is getting through, which is good enough for now.  But future analysis will require a configurable trigger.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,440 Views)

I just discovered the I2C in the LabVIEW API (I am loving this box more and more each day), so I feel like I now have to clearify.  The above idea is for the Logic Analyzer functionality.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,422 Views)

Thank you for the feedback, crossrulz! Much appreciated. I'll make sure your feature request is noted for future consideration.

Message 3 of 4
(4,411 Views)

I would like to second this request.

I am capturing SPI bus and would like to have a pattern trigger on specific values of a SPI and parallel bus.

For example, in a test case that I set up, VirtualBench captures a 16 bit value from the SPI bus into the DUT.  For debugging purposes, my DUT outputs 4 of those bits in parallel.  I am debugging cases where the output isn't consistent with the input, so I would like to trigger on the first occurrence of a known pattern. One such pattern is: SPI bus value 1xxx,  4 bit parallel bus out shows 2. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,083 Views)