VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using canopen with veristand

Unfortunately, Veristand does not support the XNET compatibility layer, which is why you recieve those errors when you try to deploy.  Esentially it is saying that this code has a broken run arrow, and the broken run arrow is because those VIs are not supported.  There is something in the works to create an RT Plugin in Veristand for CANopen.  I will update this thread when I hear anything more from the groups here.

Regards,

Matt M. 

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(4,054 Views)

Thank you Matt for explaing me the problem!

I hope we can find a solution soon!

Just to go on with the project, do you think that enabling a NI PXI-8464/2 (by adding NICANSupport=TRUE on System Explorer.ini of VS11), is there any chance?

I've already made some test but with no luck!

thank you

Davide Galli

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 21
(4,044 Views)

Hi Davide,

Unless you already have a method of bringing the CANopen library into Veristand (eg Custom Device), just enabling NI-CAN support will not enable the use of CANopen libraries.  That INI key may enable Veristand to use old CAN drivers, and this might be part of the process to get CANopen to work, but this alone will not do it.

Regards,

Matt M.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(4,032 Views)

Sorry but i've lost my self within this discussion! I feel like not to understand the core problem.

When you say to create a Custom Device; you mean

1. to create a CD just for the CANopen (so creating an interface for my other Custom Device that use the CANopen) 
  2. or to create a CD that uses the CANopen Libraries inside?

Because, as I said, I tried to make my custom device (type 2.) for my testing with inside the CANopen Libraries (for Xnet8512 and Ni-CAN8464 card).

Thank's

Davide

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 21
(4,021 Views)

Any good news?

Has someone ever made a Custom Device that use CANopen?

Thank's

Davide 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(3,996 Views)

Hi Davide,

An RT Plugin (Custom Device) is in the works to integrate CANopen into Veristand.  The way you tried, is what I was suggesting, so if it didn't work, unfortunately, its going to be a very complex process of settings up the complete CANopen protocol in Veristand.  I will update this thread once I hear any more about the plugin.

Regards,

Matt M.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(3,982 Views)

Any update on the CANopen VeriStand driver?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(3,778 Views)

Hi daufdi13,

It sounds like CANopen support will only become a Custom Device if it is released.  VeriStand only supports X-net functionality for CAN, but you can always check the VeriStand Add-Ons page for other Custom Devices that are available for different tasks.  If a CANopen Custom Device is released, it will be listed there.  

| Zach J. | Systems Engineer, HIL and Test Cells | National Instruments |
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(3,763 Views)

Hello daufdi13,

the only way you can use CANopen on a ni-xnet 8512 (or 8513)  the with veristand is creating your custom device.

I did mine (it fits just my needs!) using the "NI CANopen Library" through the "NI-XNET compatibility layer for NI-CAN".

Remember that you must download into your rt-target (PXI) the ni_cano.dll to be able to run the project.

I hope it helps!

Davide

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(3,756 Views)

Davide_Galli

Would it be possible to get a copy of your custom device project for me to use as a starting point for mine?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(3,750 Views)