cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System explorer API .NET and Custom Device

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using LabView 2010 (and it's .NET API functionnalities) to programmatically set up a configuration file for VeriStand.

I can do nearly everything I want except set up a custom device. To set up a custom device using the .NET API I need to provide the following attributes to the constructor :

-> Name of the custom device

-> GUID of the custom device

Whatever I do I get the following error (1172) message at the execution :

"Error creating instance of CustomDevice in assembly NationalInstruments.VeriStand.SystemDefinitionAPI.CustomDevice, NationalInstruments.VeriStand.SystemDefinitionAPI, Version=2010.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a6d690c380daa308, (System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: La clé donnée était absente du dictionnaire.) <append><b>System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException</b> dans newCustomDevice.vi->creationConfFile.vi"

I think that the .NET constructor could not resolve the GUID/Name I provided but I don't understand why :

* I did a custom device with the template tool that is part of Veristand/Labview 2010, I then used the name and GUID of the XML file generated by the template tool.

* I tried to copy the generated file :

- In the veristand custom device section

- In the directory that contains my VI that creates the veristand configuration file

There is certainely something wrong  in the way I did, has someone the solution ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(7,105 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RegisB.

It seems that you haven't copied the XML file to its final destination.

The custom device template tool generates the file(s) but it doesn't copy the file(s) to their proper location.

Copy the generated XML file to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2010\Custom Devices\ and you should be good to go...

Thanks

Tom

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(7,096 Views)

This is working !!

I have VeriStand 2009 and VeriStand 2010 installed on my machine. I had copied the XML file in the VeriStand 2009 custom device directory, that's the reason why it wasn't working.

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(7,088 Views)