VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HMI seems to freeze.

Hi everyone,

I have a problem using Veristand HMI with custom controls developped by myself.

I have 102 components on my HMI and approximatively 80% are custom controls. The problem is that when I don't stimulate controls for a some time or open another executable (for exemple notepad in order to backup some informations), when I come back whith the HMI in the first plan, it seems to be frozen. i can't do anything except switch to edit mode. I can't modify control values, I can't clos IHM windows, I can't undeploy project. In order to already have the control of the project, I have to shutdown the instance of Veristand in the task manager.

The only that I have found to avoid this behavior is to "click" in a numeric control in order to give it the focus. 

It's a really anoying behavior.

I have put inside the while loop of my controls some delays (1000ms for each controls) in order to free computer ressources but i'm not really sure the problem came from this. It seems there is some sort of "time out" of inactivity or something, and after it I can't do anything.

Do you know why the HMI is doing this? Do you have some "rules" I can follow to make my HMI more secure. 

Regards,

Nicolas Kaminski, Toulouse, France

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,776 Views)

J'ai eu le meme probleme.

Tu ne peux pas utiliser Veristand avec des controles personnalisés car le Workspace "bug" quand il y a plein de controle.

Des que le Workspace est ouvert tu perd en stabilité.

Observe la connexion resaux quand tu as des freezes...

Le mieux est d'utiliser l'API Veristand dans labview ou ailleur.

Voila !

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,756 Views)

Bonjour Lunik,

Merci pour ta réponse. Je me doutais bien que l'IHM serait instable mais pas à ce point. Le problème est que le client souhaite utilisé l'IHM véristand pour son aspect dynamique, c'est pourquoi j'ai du créer des custom controls. Je n'ai donc pas vraiment le choix. 

La seule solution qui permettrait de gagner en stabilité semblerai être de créer plusieurs écran afin de les alleger les uns les autres. Mais pour l'instant mon client ne souhaite pas partir dans ce sens là. C'est pour ça que je souhaitais savoir si ce problème était connu par NI et s'il y avait un moyen de le contourner (mis à part la création d'autres écrans ^^).

Nicolas Kaminski

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,752 Views)