VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom device calling dll

Hi Kevin,

Attached are screenshots of the DLL checker for the cvi_lvrt.dll and the chr52912.dll. The chr52912.dll is not calling into the cvi_lvrt.dll but rather the cvirte.dll (CVI Run-Time Engine versus the CVI LabVIEW Real Time dll). If the DLL has bad imports then the DLL is not going to run on RT target.

Can you double check about the Real-Time application that was build using the chr52912.dll? Perhaps can you post a very simple VI that works on your real-time target? When I try to run a VI with a Call Library Function node setup to call into the chr52912.dll I get this screen:

17861i7CBF87BC8DCEA72F

Maybe I am doing something incorrect?

17865iA0D3357B3D6DE79C17867i1FE7816CBC638CEE

Joshua B.
National Instruments
Message 11 of 16
(4,115 Views)

Oh yeah, sorry. That was my mistake. I've actually got the whole thing working now--I'm not sure of what all I did to fix it. The major mistake was during the process of developing the custom device I switched the RT version of chr52912.dll with the desktop version of chr52912.dll. They have identical names so I didn't notice it, but yesterday I discovered that there were two versions because they had different file sizes.

I also discovered how you can add the chroma library to <LabVIEW program files>\instr.lib\chr52912\ instead of incorporating it in the project, and LabVIEW takes care of all the dependencies, which made the project file a lot cleaner.

So, thanks for all your help. I've sorted the whole thing out and have a working custom device now.

One question I might add is, can data channels be a different data type than a double? I want to send it a boolean value to enable/disable the power supply output because right now the voltage output just follows the channel input for the voltage in. And, in the future I could see wanting a channel to be an array or a cluster or something.

Thanks,

Kevin Key

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(4,113 Views)

Hi Kevin,

Sorry, channels are doubles only. You can use booleans on the Workspace and they will be corrected to 1's and 0's in the actual data. In the custom device you will have to cast them to Booleans again.

Joshua B.
National Instruments
Message 13 of 16
(4,098 Views)

Hey,

Thanks for the reply. I am using a boolean in my custom device.

Thanks,

Kevin Key

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(4,063 Views)

Kevin,

Where did you find the RT version of chr52912.dll? I am trying to use the same power supply and I have only been able to find the windows version of that dll. Could you possibly post the RT version for download?

Thanks

Eric Beaty

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(3,777 Views)

We got it from Chroma. Here ya go.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(3,773 Views)