From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

VXI and VME

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nivvglk.sys blue screen dump on new computer

I replaced a broken computer with a Supermicro X8ST3 w/RAID5 running XP 5.01.2600 servicepak 3.  On this new computer I get nivvglk.sys dump stop on 2nd or 3rd run after reboot.  Have many other computers that work fine on this software installation suite.  VXI is connected with 1394.  Resman runs ok.  There is a 1394 hangup is inside VXITech vtvmSmip_init() -> viMoveOut16() (initial clearing TraceRAM).  Any ideas?

NIinstalls.pngDevMgr.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,266 Views)

Hi,

Are the other working computers the same make/model and did you use an image to install this software suite? Can you elaborate on your “the 2 or 3 runs after reboot” comment? Is there a program that you are running that is causing this blue screen that will run 2 or 3 times without error? Would you be able to send in a dump file if needed?

Matt
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,251 Views)

Hi Matt,

The failing computers have 3GB of RAM and after boot are filled to approx 1GB.  Error never occurs on first load after reboot.  Error occurs on 2nd or later application load (after killing the first app).  Our old stable computers have typical 500MB of RAM and are filled to ~ 250MB after reboot.  Haven't verified yet but my theory is either VISA or VXItech errs using RAM above 1GB address.  I have some experiments to do yet.  1) clear some junk to get the app below 1GB.  2) Install the latest VISA.  Can you point me to #2?  Do you have other thoughts?

Bill J

Peregrine Semiconductor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,249 Views)

Hi Bill,

you can find the latest version of VISA here:

NI-VISA 4.6 - Pocket PC 2003, Real-Time OS, Windows 2000/7 x64/7/Mobile 5/Vista x64/Vista/XP

Let us know how your experimenting turns out.

Scott M.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,245 Views)