VI Analyzer Enthusiasts Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add feature to pass VI Description test on child method whose parents have a VI Description

There are many instances when I want my child methods to have the same VI description as their parent method.  Thankfully, LabVIEW already displays the VI description of the nearest ancestor method that has a VI description in the Context Help window of child methods that have no VI description themselves.  This is ideal behavior, as I now don't have to manually copy that ancestor method's description into every child method, but the downside of not copying the description into the child method is that the child method fails the VI Description test.

I could put a #via_ignore tag in every such child method to ignore this, but that would be really cumbersome.  Is there any other existing way we can ignore this failure on child methods?  If not, could we add a checkbox in the VI Analyzer configuration page for this test to ignore this corner case?

Thanks!

David

Message 1 of 2
(2,244 Views)

This is a good suggestion, I've filed myself Bug 971746 to investigate possible solutions.

Message 2 of 2
(2,227 Views)