From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Unit Testing Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LUnit Unit Test Framework

Hey fellow unit testing enthusiasts! 

I released a unit testing framework, called LUnit, last year. It was introduced during the GLA summit 2021 and thought I should share it with this group as well. It is available on the LabVIEW Tools Network and VIPM, and is completely free and open source (MIT license).

LUnit is based on the same xUnit architecture as JKI VI Tester, so the learning curve is essentially zero for anyone familiar with this tool.

A key features of LUnit compared to other alternatives is the speed of launching the UI and running tests, with parallel execution of tests supported natively by the framework. There are also some useful workflow integrations, such as right-click menu to selectively run Test Cases from the project explorer, icon overlays showing test results, and some keyboard shortcuts.

Do let me know if you have feedback, questions, suggestions for improvements, or want to contribute in some other way.

Some resources:

Recording of presentation where LUnit is introduced 

VIPM

NI Tools Network

Documentation

GitHub

Hope you find it useful.

Cheers,

Anton

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(749 Views)