USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-USRP RIO reference design

Hello,

I'm starting to work with the usrp X310 and i was able to run some example project for this board running on the host PC.

My next step is to start to develop some example running in the FPGA and comunicate it with the host trougth DMA FIFO.

in this  page http://www.ni.com/white-paper/52119/en/ says:

NI-USRP RIO Driver

As applications require increased performance, users can utilize  the large Kintex 7 FPGA for co-processing  by migrating their design using the NI USRP-RIO driver.  The NI USRP RIO driver provides a streaming sample project that includes open host processor and FPGA design code written in LabVIEW and LabVIEW FPGA respectively. The sample project can be configured so that the code runs only on the host, and/or modify the FPGA personality to include custom processing. While the entire FPGA reference design is customizable,  will most often insert their code in the signal chain near the DMA FIFO.The streaming sample project is based on the “Instrument Design Library” reference design common to NI FlexRIO SDR and the NI Vector Signal Transceiver (VST).  

Where i can find this example?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,602 Views)

If you are looking for the FPGA code for the sample project design, you can refer to the Streaming Xcvr (FPGA).vi in the sample project under the USRP X310 target. The template for the sample project is called "Simple NI-USRP Streaming". The template is added to your local LabVIEW install when you installed NI-USRP.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,587 Views)

Tnahks for reply.

I supose the problem is that i have the labview 2012 sp1 and this template not exists.

when i install the NI USRP drivers(1.3 and then i tried with the 14) i see the new folder called NI-USRP with a lot of examples to run it on a host pc connected to the x310 but without the streaming example or any other code for the fpga.

if y try to create a new fpga project there is not the option to specify the ni usrp device and not autodetect it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,568 Views)

Julianms,

The NI-USRP 14.0 Readme says that the USRP 294x/295x devices (and the X310) are supported in LabVIEW 2013 and newer. I think you need to upgrade LabVIEW to use your X310.

After installing a new version of LabVIEW, you'll want to run the NI-USRP installer again. I recommend LabVIEW 2014 and NI-USRP 14.0.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,561 Views)