cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ni.com Inspired Custom Control Suite

Preview Image:

ni.com theme - Preview Image.png

Installation Instructions (manual):

Unzip the attached ni.com theme.zip file in your <LabVIEW Install Directory>\menus\Controls\ folder and then restart LabVIEW to add all the above controls to your palette.

Installation Instructions (automated):

Download the attached ni_lib_ni.com_inspired_controls-1.1.0-1.vip VI Package file and install using VI Package Manager™ (VIPM). VI Package Manager is an installer for LabVIEW VIs and toolkits. It places VIs directly into the palettes, allows you to install VIs into multiple LabVIEW versions, and ensures that any dependency VIs and toolkits (provided in other VI packages) are also installed. VI Package Manager is a trademark and product of JKI Software.

Source Files (optional):

All of the source images used when creating the custom controls are included in the ni.com theme.zip file as Adobe Fireworks PNG files.  If you have Adobe Fireworks you can open them up in their original vector for

Comments
Jim_Kring
Trusted Enthusiast Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast
on

I created and attached a VI Package (ni_lib_ni.com_inspired_controls-1.0.0-1.vip file above) of these controls that can be installed using VI Package Manager.

hex
on

Very-very nice pack, thank you very much!

spsuamin
on

Definetly sweet looking interface.

Russ_Evans
on

Really nice looking set of controls. Thanks for sharing.

Elijah_K
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

If you like these, just wait, he has more!

Elijah Kerry
NI Director, Software Community
NevD
on

These are great, and thanks to Jim for the VIPM package.  Looking forward to a tab, multicolumn listbox, table, filepath, cluster, array.. the whole set!!

SimonH
NI Employee (retired)
on

Hey NevD, the file path control should already be in there (I think I just called it "Path").  As for the other types of controls I hadn't started on those I only did what I saw as the most popular ones.  At first glance clusters, tables and multicolumn listboxes look easy enough, perhaps even with the existing images.  Tab controls look tough as they don't have any replacable images.

SimonH
NI Employee (retired)
on

OK everyone, I've updated the zip file with a few new controls (namely the ones NevD asked for except the tab control).  I've also added a zip file of images that make for good panel backgrounds. Have fun and feel free to post screenshots of the controls in action!

Jim_Kring
Trusted Enthusiast Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast
on

Cool!  I've created a new version (1.1.0) of the VI Package file, ni_lib_ni.com_inspired_controls-1.1.0-1.vip, with your new additions.

NevD
on

Thanks Simon and Jim!  That was very quick!

Aum
on

Hi Simon,

It looks cool! do you have it for labview 8.5 version?

hex
on
To Aum:
I think you can use it directly to LabVIEW 8.5, just extract the file "ni.com theme.zip" to your LabVIEW 8.5\menus\Controls\
Aum
on

No I could not use it. it says: LabVIEW load error code 9: version 8.6 is newer than...

hex
on

I already attach the files, try it...

Aum
on

thanks but where is the link???

hex
on

Check the download section above, the title is "NI Theme for 8.5l.zip". I hope it works..

Aum
on

done

LVCoder
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Hi SimonH,

thanks alot for such a wonderful and creative work.

However, i went through a page on NI's Website and found 2 really cool UIs developed in LV.

Here's the link

http://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/large-labview-application-development/blog/2009/03/23/professional-user-interfaces-in-labview

You have already posted the controls seen the in the 1st UI on the above page.

I was wondering if you could post the controls used in the 2nd UI. The controls on the Right look extremely beautiful.

SimonH
NI Employee (retired)
on

Unfortunately I can't post the controls from the 2nd UI as I didn't create them - that UI was developed by one of our customers for their application.  However, if it's the numeric control you were interested in I did throw together a similar looking control and posted it over here: http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-4614.  Again, I have included the source images (this time I created them with Powerpoint) so you can modify, customize and create additional controls.

HarrisJunaid
on

Hello Simon very nice control but please find some time to create a step wise short demo for creating custom gauge from scratch especially needle color and gauge color range thanks nice work

Joji
NI Employee (retired)
on

Very Cool Controls. Wish there was even more of these sets of controls around. 

One issue I noticed with the controls.  If you were to replace an existing control with one of these controls using the Right-Click>>Replace.. method, then it will replace numerics with a listbox even when you choose to replace with numerics. The buttons and graph/charts seem  to work though.

Joji
vix
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Could someone make this theme available for LabVIEW 8.2.1?

Sorry, but could someone help me?

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

-------------------------------------------
Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
sealiker
on

I like this theme  ............ but I use Labview 7 Express so I don't get to load the controls.

Is there a way for me to load the theme in Lavbview 7?

rex1030
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Is there any possible way that array and cluster controls could be added to this pack?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: Looks like its just a link mixup. The link at the bottom under downloads is the right one.

I am definately getting some strange behavior with the different controls when i click on an existing control and try to right mouse click > replace the control with the new sweet looking ni.com themed controls. Replacing buttons and numeric controls are fine. Replacing error controls or arrays on the other hand do some wierd stuff. Any thoughts?

---------------------------------
[will work for kudos]
SimonH
NI Employee (retired)
on

@rex1030 They should already be in there.  Which version did you download (I added them around March 25th)?

KrisnaWisnu
on

This is very nice,, thanks for sharing!

Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
Certified TestStand Developer (CTD)
Using LabVIEW 8.5.1 (2008) to LabVIEW 2021
muks
Proven Zealot
Proven Zealot
on

Really nice ones. Nice thought

scottcolston
on

These look great. Do you have an XY graph control? Thanks

Ashish_Naik_NIUK
NI Employee (retired)
on

This does look great!

Ashish Naik
Automotive Business Development Manager
National Instruments UK
Al-Zahrani
on

Thank you for that, very nice

KleeD
on

looks awesome and should be a good starting point for further customizations. Thank you very much.

catkin
on

hi,i am  a  newer,     how  I  use it,and  where  I place it?

catkin
on

hi, I am a newer, would you like to tell me  how can I use it?

thanks !

GerdW
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI
on

Hi catkin,

did you read the two blocks on "Installation instructions"? Really?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Boone301
on

More and more exciting!

Srikanth@Siri
on

Hi nice work...They are very good controls....but can you add the boolean controls...

Srikanth Kandagatla
GRamy
on

Nice One SimonH, Good Work

MikeC3
on

Anyone else notice odd behavior with the table control?  If I use it as an indicator and write a changing array of strings to it, it will keep displaying the old strings in addition to the new strings, and thus becomes unreadable.  The multicolumn listbox works ok, so seems to be something just with table.

RyanCheng
on

Looks very nice!

But I still want to know how to make controls more beautiful.

cl13776506687
on

it's very nice!

A.Salcedo
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

hi! First of all thanks a lot for doing this! it is awesome.

I am trying to change the color OFF button but I can not do that in properties. Is there any way to do that?

Thanks a lot.

Christina_R
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

If you want to change the color of the button in this set, you would need to edit the PNG images for the button states (with an image editor program) and then import the modified iimages into the button (using the Customize mode of the Control Editor).

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
cl13776506687
on

hi,i'm glad to here from you,last month i joined the NI community and found a lot of resources ,you can search the key word and look for some demos,i have found some video from www.mufenglv.com

RyanCheng
on

Thank you for your kindly help, and in several years age, I have joined www.mufenglv.com. It's a very good to learning and upgrade the NI LabVIEW technology community.

Contributors