UI Interest Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I Vertically Center Text in a Control?

Couldn't find an answer in a forum search. Anybody know how to vertically center text in a System Ring?

Untitled.png

Message 1 of 8
(12,470 Views)

I would like to know it too!

---
+++ In God we believe, in Trance we Trust +++
[Hungary]
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,669 Views)

Unfortunately, I'm fairly certain that LabVIEW does not provide a way to center the text in a ring control vertically.

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,669 Views)

There is currently no way to vertically center the text in a system ring.  You can fake it by adding extra carriage returns in the ring text:

pic1.png

Note that when you do this, the extra carriage returns appear as spaces in the ring text when the pop-up ring is visible:

pic2.png

Other than this, the only other way to accomplish what you want would be to create a picture control that behaves like the ring. Painful.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,669 Views)

I haven't tried this, but can you do this in a .NET or ActiveX ring (or combo box, which I believe is the name used for the equivalent control)? This will make the code Windows only.

(6,669 Views)

Have you tried resizing and repositioning the "Ring Text" part usng the Control Editor?

Screen Shot 2012-09-02 at 3.33.35 PM.png

Message 6 of 8
(6,669 Views)

Jack - That solution works as long as you know the text will always be one line, but multi-line text will be cut-off.

Christina Rogers
Principal Product Owner, LabVIEW R&D
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(6,669 Views)

I think centering vertically should be added to LabVIEW. When you agree then please vote for http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Add-vertical-center-for-string-indicators-and-don-t-di...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(6,669 Views)