SystemLink Forum

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Systemlink with myRIO

Solved!
Go to solution

I had installed Systemlink Client in myRIO. but when I open systems manager in Systemlink web Application. myRIO is not appearing. will Systemlink support myRIO?

please help me.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,099 Views)

Have you tried adding your target by IP address? If they are not on the same subnet, the target won't show up in that view. 

Also, which myRIO are you using?

-----------------------------------------------
Brandon Grey
Certified LabVIEW Architect

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,017 Views)
Solution
Accepted by bhimaabhilash

I would recommend against using SystemLink on myRIO.  The SystemLink Readme states that we only support RT targets with more than 512MB of RAM and the myRIO only has 256MB.  SystemLink 19.0 and higher will even try to block the installation on myRIO.

The side effect of running a target out of memory is that the OS will begin to randomly kill processes like the SystemLink agent running on the target as well as the LV application and other critical services.  It is somewhat random in regards to what will be killed when base on the memory being allocated by the application and other services, as well as the jobs being executed from SystemLink.  Again, we highly recommend against using SL on targets will less than 256MB of RAM.  It's not a matter of IF they will crash but WHEN.

One option if you are only planning on publishing tags and files is to use the HTTP version of the APIs by using the SystemLink Open Configuration.vi.  You will have to manually specify the host, username, and password in your application, but it should be able to publish data without having to install the SystemLink Client on the target.  Note the target will not show up under managed systems.

Message 3 of 5
(3,006 Views)

Thank you GreyGrey. I had tried adding myRIO by IP address but it was structing at Adding target.  I am using myRIO 1900

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,981 Views)

Thank you JoshuaP for the solution. it was very informatic. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,976 Views)