From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch Executive Stops working after LabVIEW 2009 install.

Solved!
Go to solution

I just installed LabVIEW 2009 and now Switch Executive 3.0 doesn't work.

NISE open session vi returns 0 instead of valid session ID. It now does this with LabVIEW 8.6.1 too.

Everything seems to be OK in MAX.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(8,033 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pirkola

Hi Pirkola,

I'll attempt to reproduce this.  I understand there is a 0 returned for a session ID.  Is there an error returned as well?

Thanks!

Chad Erickson

Switch Product Support Engineer

NI - USA

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(8,031 Views)

Hi Pirkola,

I was not able to reproduce the problem.  What solved the issue?

Thanks!

Chad Erickson

Switch Product Support Engineer

NI - USA

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,907 Views)
Hi, 

I am experiencing similar problem! After I've installed labview 2009 my old switch executive virtual device routes stop working in such a way if I try to set a route from switch executive test panel the attached error message pops up.

I am using

Labview 9.0.1 TestStand 4.2.1Switch Executive 4.6.2 Many Thanks in advance Mehran

Mehran Fard
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,925 Views)

Hi Mehran-

Have you installed support for LabVIEW 2009 in Switch executive?  Here is a KnowledgeBase article addressing how to do this.  It specifically addresses NISE 3.0, but you can double-check the steps for NISE 4.6.2.

I hope this helps out.  Best of luck with your application!

Gary P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,895 Views)

Make sure all is OK in your session. Validate setup and check that the switches work in test panel. If you are using 3rd party switches IVI setup is critical. This is very tricky as the documentation is incomplete.

Reboot system. Always restart LabVIEW after any activity in MAX.

That's all I can think of now but I know from experience with NISE that you must be tenacious and try every possible permutation of options. Tech support was not very helpful in my case because I am using 3rd party switches.

Good Luck.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,893 Views)