From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Student Projects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solar Cell Experiment

Solar Cell experiment

I bought a small Solar cell from RadioShack ( $15 ).  It’s made by www.solarworld.com .   It’s used to charge batteries or power small devices using solar.  I’m using it as a simple passive sensor ( no excitation required ).

Here’s the experiment : record the voltage output from the solar cell, and light an LED  when it goes over a certain value ( a control on the front panel )

Here’s my setup : (sensor into Analog Input 1+ and 1- .   LED into DIO7 and DGND )

IN full lighting, note the green LED is lit.   When the cell is shaded, the LED turns off.

(for photos of the setup and VI, see attached )

IMG_2908+small.jpg

IMG_2907+small.jpg

Download All
Comments
almuhanad101
on
Dear  Mister     

A Name is Worth a thousand Conversation. I am a Student of Electronics and communication at the national university of science and technology . 

I am forwarding this Email to you to ask to support me in this project that I try to make solar cells from perovskite in following steps

1.  We get a glass
  2.  Spray glass with titanium dioxide solution
  3.  Apply a layer of porous oxide to the titanium dioxide layer
  4.  Two dimensions give it a spin in an envelope
  5.  Used in solar cells
  6.  Two-dimensional we respond to two-dimensional lead iodide + methyl ammonium halides (perovskite) as a liquid form.
  7.  Let him rotate in the same device in step 4
  8.  And we made the product

Wholeheartedly,
Alhashemi, Almuhanad
Student in level 2, At the National University of science and technology
Almuhanad190601@nu.edu.om
+968 96495572
Signature: Almuhanad

Contributors