Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMART HOUSE APPLICATION Via LabVIEW

SMART HOUSE APPLICATION

Via LabVIEW

Contact Information

University: Islamic university of Gaza – Gaza strip – Palestine

Team Member(s): AbedAllah A. Al-Tahrawi, Hossam R. El.Hennawi , khaled H. Dawoud , AbedAllah M. Abu-Zor & Belel A. Al.Saaty

Faculty Advisors: Dr. Basil Hamed

Email Address:engtahrawi@gmail.com

Project Information

Title:

SMART HOUSE APPLICATION

Description:

Smart House consists of three type of controlling systems, which enablethe user to control and monitor each system. It create database files which canstore each orders in smart house, and can be scheduler the start and end timesfor each system in house.

consist.png

Products:

LabVIEW software version 2009

Data acquisition card ( NI USB-6008 )

Report_Generation_Toolkit_for_Microsoft_Office

Inferred Transmit and Receive

RF Module Transmit and Receive

Optical smoke detector

Heat detector

PIR Motion detector

Shock detector

Temperature sensor ( LM35 )

Sun cell

Magnetic switch

Limit switch

PIC16F877

PIC16F84

555 Timers

ULN2804 & ULN2003A

The Challenge:

Each of us needs comfort and safety in ourlife. Many real systems used in building don't have the flexibility and theability to give users all comfort and safety that they need.  Making a completed system is a big challengebecause of the need to make many controlling system which can run in the sametime. Our project include many system which controlled by LabVIEW such as: firealarm system, burglary alarm system, internal light system, external lightsystem, remote control system, conditioning system, power supplies switchingsystem, and garage door system. 

The Solution:

Smart House, give users a flexibility and efficiency to control allsystem. By LabVIEW software, users can put a special configuration on settingscreen in order to activate any system and to schedule the run time for thesesystems. LabVIEW has a monitor screen which can show any change in the housesystems. LabVIEW is connecting with remote control which gives us the abilityto put many modes for our controlling system. Besides that, LabVIEW give us theability  to send SMS for especial change

LabVIEW software able to do …

labviewdo.png

Monitor Screen4.PNG

Monitor Screen3.PNG

LabVIEW, Monitor screen

Setting Screen2.PNG

LabVIEW Software, Setting Screen, Model No.1

Setting Screen3.PNG

LabVIEW Software, Setting Screen, Model No.2

Internal lightingSystem

The internal lighting systemconsists of a PIR motion sensor, dimmer and lamps which have a direct controlby LabVIEW software. This system will make an automatically lighting in thehouse when there is any movement inside it. Dimmer can use to make a small lamplighting percentage, and LabVIEW will make a 100% lighting for the lamps whenit receive a movement signal from Pmotionsensor and the user can scheduler the time of running the system .

200520111642.jpg

home light1.PNG

External lightingSystem

lighting system depends on a sun cell reading that the  DAQ read it and give it to LabVIEW software to analysts it. So LabVIEW  software has an indicator about day and night  time of in order to control the status of  external light lamps.

200520111637.jpg

Garden 3.PNG

Fire Alarm System &Burglar Alarm System

When an fire (or Burglary) happen in house , labVIEW  will receive signal from fire (or burglary) sensors , and can be able to send  SMS to two different mobiles and run the fire alarm siren as user need , in  addition LabVIEW can sent signals to help put out the fire ( or to make more  safety for the house )

200520111630.jpg

fire 4.PNG

200520111632.jpg

Temperature System

The basic thing in temperaturesystem is the reading of temperature value from temperature sensor. For that,we use LM35 temperature sensor. This sensor is connected directly with DAQ.LabVIEW read the signal from LM35 sensor as variable analog value. Afterprocessing the structure in the program, LabVIEW will sent a cooling or heatingsignal to the system, depending on the value of the sensor and the criticalvalue of temperature that required. In the mechanism of temperature systemprogramming, we use PWM system to control the heating and cooling devices .

200520111633.jpg

Temp 6.PNG

Central Unit and Rooms Units Remote Control

The remote  control is used to make some operation in the system by connection it's with  LabVIEW software. In addition, it  used  to control and switching the load in every room in the house using the rooms units  receiver in every room, as well as used alone transmitter remote to control  the Garage door. So the system has two transmitter remote control one used  for internal controlling (Central unit and Rooms units) and another one used  for external controlling (Garage door).

200520111634.jpg

Garage Door Remote Control

Wemade a special remote controlwhich can carried in the garage owner's car to enable him to open the garage door when the car be closed from thegarage

garage2.png
garage.PNG

Automatic Water Level Control System

A three phase induction motor is installed todraw water from a reservoir and pump it into an overhead tank; the motor can bestarted and stopped with the help of limit switches operated by floats toprovide automatic water level control.

water.jpg

Central house power switching system

Its SubVI consist of send a codes number to  microcontroller via DAQ, some of these to turn ON and other to turn OFF the  power switching.

tabloon.PNG

tabloon3.PNG

Data storage

1. In this software system all process will  storage in Excel file

excel2.PNG

Web connection

Images

contol panel.jpg

Control Panel

180520111621.jpg 

صورة2.jpg

<insert videolinks here>

Soon

Comments
LPS
NI Employee (retired)
on

Hey eng.3zam,

Thank you so much for your project submission into the NI LabVIEW Student Design Competition. It's great to see your enthusiasm for NI LabVIEW! Make sure you share your project URL (https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-16229) with your peers so you can collect votes via "likes" for your project and win. Collecting the most "likes" gives you the opportunity to win cash prizes for your project submission. I'm curious to know, what's your favorite part about using LabVIEW and how did you hear about the competition?

Good Luck, Liz in Austin, TX.

eng.3zam
on

hey liz

thank you for replying

i heared about the compettion by myself via your website

LabVIEW is very very interesting program, all of thing in this program is easy and i advice all friend to use it

SanValyok
on

good work guys , I hope you the best ..... good luck

engmarch
on

why out comment doesn't appear ??

engmarch
on

goodl luck

andony
on

nice project

good luck friends

SalmanYolziv
on

Hi guys .. first of all I wanna tell you that you have a good project .. this application is very important in our life. I hope you to do the best in this competition,  may Allah bless you all

RiskaWilliams
on

Awesome work .. I hope u to be selected 

Michaltrostrick
on

Hello , would u please tell me about the cost of this project

ckarlaroslian
on

good luck my friends

eng.3zam
on

thanks for all

hi, Michaltrostrick

did you ask about the cost if you want to implement it in real home

or the cost of this study as university project ??

FadiAl.arnaoot
on

Hi my dear friend , your project is amazing and helpfull for our dealy life. i hope you win in this competition

akharraz
on

it's a great job my brother hossam ...I didn't read it yet and I don't have no idea about the new technology which you use ....but I will do inshallah when I have time , i promise !!
hope you the best hossam !!
abdelaziz- your brother from Morocco

HossamEl.Hennaw
on

thank you very very much my friend abdelaziz for supporting us in this competition ... I hope you will have time to read the details about the project and about the technology which we used .....

thank you again my friend ... don't forget praying for us ..

aaasss
on

Nice projects man>>>

drbasil
on

good job, and i hope your project win.

good luck

eng.3zam
on

alot of thanks drbasil

i will save your comment in my documents

ahmedhammoud
on

good luck guys

i hope you win in this competition

st.lovely
on

oooh nice work

congratulation

HossamEl.Hennaw
on

Tthank you very much Dr.Basil .... we hope so. pray for us to win in this competition 

raanda
on

اتمنى لك التوفيق و النجاح في حياتك العملية والعلمية والشخصية

Eng.Hano0on
on

Nice work... Good luk

ahmedmosa
on

good luck friends

lyla
on

GOODLUK

remooooo
on

good luck

mansourrr
on

good luck

abuahmad
on

بالتوفيق ان شاء الله

amm889
on

my frinds .. actually it's great project .. and i wish for you to win at these competition and at incoming competition wherever domestic or international .. i wish you bright futuer from my heart ..

your brother

Ammar Mattar

salamj
on

عشان خاطر تعبكم في ايملكم الطووييل ،، احلا كومنت لقادة المستقبل  وان شاء الله منها للأعلى ياذن الله

alahar
on

بالتوفيق

alahar
on

بالتوفيق

alahar
on

الف مبارك وبالتوفيق في المسابقة

tesomohamad
on

project unique and wonderful