From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Student Projects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI myDAQ: NI ELVISmx Function Generator vs Bode Analyzer

I am using the NI's myDAQ to test frequency response. For this, I am using the NI ELVISmx Bode Analyzer which works great, up to a point. I have to be able to do a test with a Start Frequency at 0.3 Hz. The built in Body Analyzer will only go as low as 1 Hz though. I am able to go into the Elvis Source code and change the built in property to be able to set to 0.3 Hz but the graph shows that it still will not go any lower than 1 Hz (picture below). From the myDAQ user guide, I can see that the Function Generator (FGEN) is able to do a range from 0.2 Hz -> 20 kHz, but the Bode Analyzer can only go 1 Hz -> 20 kHz. Why is this? It is obvious that the myDAQ is able to generate down to the 0.2 Hz frequency. But the Bode Analyzer can't read lower than 1 Hz? Is there anything I can do to be able to read down to the 0.3 Hz in the Bode Analyzer?