From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cDAQ-9172: Analog and digital acq

I have a cDAQ-9172 chassis and two boards: 9207 analog input module and a 9401 DIO modile.  What I want to do is acquire one analog channel, one digital input channel, and write both of these to an ASCII file.  A couple questions:

1. I don't seem to be able to use 1 "Save to ASCII" step to save both the analog and digital data; what I have had to do is use one "Save to ASCII" step to write the analog data and another "Save to ASCII" step to write the digital data.  Am I overlooking something?

2. I get errors when I try to acquire digital input; at different times I've seen errors where it says my sample period needs to be increased (which I have, to no avail) and at other times I see an error about needing an external sample clock source.

Thank you for your help!

John

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,213 Views)

Hi JohnPW,

An individual "Save to ASCII" step can indeed only be used to log analog signals or digital signals, but not both.  Here is an article discussing the various logging options in SignalExpress.  Could you provide us with some more information on when each of these errors appears as well as the error code for each?

Justin D
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
http://www.ni.com/support/
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,200 Views)