SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to install Step Driver for Tektronix PWS4305

I am attempting to control a PWS4305 from Signal Express for Tektronix edition. When attempting to install the driver, I get the following error message: "The filename or extension is too long."PWS4000ErrorMsg.PNG

How can I get this installed?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(7,473 Views)

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(7,427 Views)

Hello User,

The error looks like it stems from having a filename that is longer than Windows allows. I would suggest trying to install from a different location on your computer. Move the executable to your desktop and try running from there.

Regards,

-Travis E

National Instruments
Product Marketer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(7,420 Views)

Thanks for the response.

I agree that is what the error is. Changing the location of the executable has zero effect on the location that it attempts to extract the files to. I tried both C:/  and C:/users/ME/Desktop, both gave the same error. I believe the cause of the problem is that the executable is trying to place files in a directory that is longer than what windows allows. The exe does not give the option to pick the directory that it installs the files to. It picks C:/Program Files/National Instruments/.... by default

Has anyone been able to install this driver before? Can you attempt to install it yourself and see if you are able to complete the installation?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(7,417 Views)

Hello User,

I would like to reproduce what you have done and see where in the installation process we can change the destination file path. Please direct me to the exact driver you are trying to install so that our menus match. 

Regards,

-Travis E

National Instruments
Product Marketer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(7,394 Views)

Hello,

I have the same error in Windows 7 64 bits.

Thanks for any information,

Julio

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(7,360 Views)

Hi Travis,

I am getting the install file from the following link:

http://www.tek.com/dc-power-supply/pws4205-software/labview-signalexpress-step-pws4000-v200

The tektronix technical support stated that NI provided these drivers to them.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(7,357 Views)

Hello User,

I tried installing the driver and did not run into any problems. What OS are you using? Have you tried running this on a different computer? 

Regards,

-Travis E

National Instruments
Product Marketer
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(7,277 Views)

I apologize for the delay in my response.

I am running windows 7 64 bit and have not tried / do not have access to any other operating systems.

What OS are you using?

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(7,006 Views)

User,

We can try the Plug and Play driver provided by National Instruments. You can find it at this location: 

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=999BAB5DFAAC1736E04400144F1EF8...

Regards,

-Travis E

National Instruments
Product Marketer
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(6,925 Views)