SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SignalExpress Tektronix Edition and FTDI drivers

In the last days I found a strange problem that required a lot of time and tests to isolate it.

I have a fresh WinXP SP2 installation, where I install an application I developed which communicate with a device through USB interface using a Virtual COM port "created" by FTDI drivers (rel. 2.06.02).

This application runs well, and it does the same on every other PC where I test it (from Win 2k to Win 7).

After installing SignalExpress Tektronix Edition LE 2.5.1 the USB communication using a Virtual COM Port and the FTDI drivers is extremely slow, and after a while it stops with unexpected errors. It's impossible to complete a data transfer operation.

Is there any known bug with SignelExpress TE 2.5.1 or some of the drivers or components it installs on the Pc?

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,094 Views)

Hi Vix,

I couldn't found any known issue or bug related to SignalExpress Tektronix and FTDI communication, thus it's quite difficult to debug your issue...

What kind of error message did you obtain? In which development environment did you develop the application?

Bye!

Licia

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,081 Views)

The application which uses FTDI drivers is developed in LabWindows CVI.

But I noticed over three different PCs that after having installed SignalExpress TE 2.5.0 or 2.5.1 the COM ports don't work very well.

The serial communication through COM port (physical or virtual) seems extremely slow, or doesn't work at all (even using other softwaresand devices).

I think there is some component installed with SignalExpress TE that conflict with serial communication.

I think you could be able to reproduce the problem if you have a 3rd party device (not NI, I mean) which communicate through COM port (real or virtual). I think that after having installed SignalExpress TE you'll find some problems during communication with the device.

Vix

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,079 Views)
I have not used tektronic with ftdi but have used ft245rl. I found you will get data as a package if you are going to use VCP functions. Did you try d2xx functions? You require the dll though.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,071 Views)
I've never used d2xx functions. I only used VCP functions, without any problem (except when SignalExpress TE 2.5.0 or 2.5.1 is installed on the system).
Vix

Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,069 Views)