SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SignaExpress Resource Reserved

I am using a cDAQ system with a NI 9205 and NI 9221 modules and SignalExpress 2.0.

I need to capture about 9 millisecond period of at 100k Hz. on two channels of the 9205 followed by VDC on 28 other channels of the 9205 and 2 from the 9211 modules at 10 Hz. The problem is when I setup two differnt acquire steps in SignallExpress I get the "resource is reserved" error which I understand it is because the cDAQ is one resource and the first step has not released it for the second step to run. I have tried changing the pre and post delay timings but nothing seems to correct this. How do I get the resource released between steps and get the whole process to repeat once every 5 seconds?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,073 Views)
To clarify, I do not want to record the data, just display for visual verification. I understand the recording would be impossible at two diffent sample rates, but I would think there should be a way to release the resource between steps.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,067 Views)
There is currently no way for multiple steps to use the same device short of using more than one project.  Your only solution would be to acquire all of the channels at the 100k rate in a single step.  And then use the Subset and Resample step to reample the 30 channels to 10 Hz.  If you configure the acquisition to run in N Sample mode with 500k samples you will get you want want, but there will be a lot of data.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,063 Views)
Ok so the only way to run is multiple projects since with more that 3-4 channels the NI9205 will not sample at or above 100k Hz.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,060 Views)