SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI-1127

I want to connect 15 different sensors to one channel of the data acquisition device (USB-6259) through the multiplexer (SCXI-1127) because I need maximum sampling rate of USB-6259.

I tried to run one NI-Switch vi example in SignalExpres. However, it does not run it by asking the file location of the control named "niSwitch Topologies.ctl". In my computer, there is no such file.

If anybody knows how to run NI-Switch vis in SignalExpress, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,630 Views)
Hi naba,

Thanks for posting on the forums!  I just wanted to address one thing before answering your question.  The max switching rate of the SCXI 1127 is 100 channels per second.  If your application requires you to switch through each sensor at a faster rate, you’ll have to consider other solutions (PXI, or SCXI with solid state relays).  There are tradeoffs however (such as higher input impedances), so you will have to weigh those factors with your application needs.

The examples provided with NI Switch were meant to be run in LabVIEW.  Refer to this devzone article on how to call a LabVIEW VI from Signal Express.  Also, this knowledge base article gives detailed instructions on how to prepare a VI to be called from Signal Express.

Rod T.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,624 Views)
Thank you for your reply.

Based on the article, I tried to run the VI. But, I cannot understand one thing. I want to save all sub VIs into one *.llb. In Labview 8.5 or 8.2.1, I cannot find the function "Save with option". So I couldn't save all sub VI into one *.llb. Please let me know how I can save all sub VIs.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,614 Views)
Hi naba,
The function “Save with Option” is found in previous versions of LabVIEW (before 8.0).  Open your VI and go to File » Save As.  You will have the option to create a New LLB.  If you want to add VIs to your LLB, you use the LLB Manager.  Go to Tools » LLB Manager.  Click on the Open New LLB Manager button. 

You can click and drag VIs from one LLB to the other.  Let me know if this works out for you.
Rod T.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,598 Views)
Also, if your main VI contains sub VIs that you would like to include in your LLB, please refer to this knowledge base article.
Rod T.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,596 Views)