SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Cycle Programming

Looking for a little help here. Currently we have been receiving requests that state a specific duty cycle or run time (ie- cycle a motor 10 hrs ON , 2 hrs OFF for a total duration of 96 hours) and also cycling an air solenoid continuously for 7 secs ON & 7 secs OFF. All while collecting temperature and voltage data at a 1hz sampling rate (sample on demand).

Lately I have been using 2 separate PLC's for the cycling functions and the cDAQ 9172 with 9215 & 9211 for data collection. We have a few 9481 modules that I would like to use for the timed cycle applications (cycling a 24dc air solenoid and also the DI for a ABB motor drive).

Would it be possible to do as described and still collect data (sampling rate could change to possibly 1 second on demand depending on the application).

Kris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,945 Views)

Hello,

I want to start off by mentioning that you may get more answers if you post this in the correct place on the forums.  This does not seem like a SignalExpress problem.  You will have much better luck with responses if you re-post this in the Multifunction DAQ area.

I looked over the spec sheet for the 9481 and I don't see why you would not be able to use this to drive your solenoid.  This does require an external power source though.  Here is a link to the drive circuit in the manual:

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/373507d.pdf#page=8

As for using this card for Digital Outputs to your motor drive, it is not intended for that use.  You may be able to still manage this, however, if you use a smaller power supply or draw the correct voltage from one of your cards.  I would still suggest a card designed for digital I/O.

As for the measurements, adding these cards to your chasis should not affect your analog input cards or their functionality.

Hope this helps!  If you want more people to see this please repost in Multifunction DAQ!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jon F.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,916 Views)