Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

integrate acquiring signal

Hi

i am new to labview and i'm trying to integrate the acquiring signal.

i am using the function generator, oscilloscope and PXI Chassis with Real Time Module.

I have already acquired the signal using the DAQ Assistant for input and output and it works, i can read two signals (input and output) the problem now is to read the output signal as the integral of the input signal, i tasted already the Integrator instrument between the two DAQ Assistants Instruments but it not funktions. Can anybody help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(8,013 Views)

Hey JosefPXI,

welcome to the NI forum.

It would be helpful for all forum member, if you could provide us the full source code of your project. In addition, I don't know which version of LabVIEW do youse, which hardware and so on.

Regards, Stephan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,993 Views)

Hi Stephan,

thanks a lot for your reply. I am working with Labview 2011 and Chassis PXIe 1071 with PXIe 8100 RT and PXIe 6356. I have attached a VI File so you can understand what i try to explain. In the file i have already added 2 daq assistents, the first for the input and the 2nd for the output. With this file i can read the same signal 2 times on the Oscilloscope, and what i try to achieve is to integrate the input signal (For example Square Signal as Input Signal --> Triangle Signal as Output Signal) .

Regards

Josef

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,979 Views)

Hey Josef,

thank you for the example, even if it is very basic.

I modified your VI, so that we don't need the DAQ Assistant anymore, because the used data type (dynamic data type) is not the best for further processing.

In this example, you acquire one point of your signal, add it to the sum of the previous aquired samples (archived by the shift register) and output the result as an analog value.

Regards, Stephan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,971 Views)

Hi Stephan

thanks for your reply and for the example. I have already used some examples with daqmx namely for the synchronisation.

The problem at the moment is that i receive the output signal as a constant function that means with exact value, and i don't understand why we use the add symbol (x+y) as integrator.

Normaly i have required a square wave signal and i expected a triangular voltage.

And something else, after starting the file i receive an error asking me that the attempted writing analog data is too large or too small and to change the maximum and tne minimum value to reflect the range of the channel, i've tried it with diferents values and with diferents ranges but it's unfortunately the same problem.

Thank you for your answer

Regards Josef

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,964 Views)

Hi Josef,

it is diffcult for me, to anderstand this question: "and i don't understand why we use the add symbol (x+y) as integrator."

Which function would you like to use the implement an integrator?

Stephan

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,960 Views)

Hi Stephan,

with my question i mean:

There is an instrument with the name Integrator in the file that you sent to me. Is it to integrate the functions?

The function which i want to use is the wave form voltage (Input) from the function generator, that means the output should be the integral of the input signal (Voltage).

Regards Josef

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,956 Views)

sir i have the same problem.. please if u can help me.following message appears.

Attempted writing analog data that is too large or too small. Change Minimum Value and Maximum Value to reflect the range of the channel.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,707 Views)