Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Lock-In Amplifier

I'm trying to use a SR510 Lock-in Amplifier from Stanford Research Systems.  I downloaded their LabVIEW driver from NI, but I don't understand the "DAC voltage output".  I'm wanting to capture the OUTPUT BNC (the demodulator output, available from the front of the physical Amplifier or by command over a GPIB port).  I looked in the SR510 Example VI and see that there is a For Loop that runs 40 times, each time sending a different DAC output [voltage] to DAC ch#5.  How does one interpret these voltages?  (They're calculated in a unique way, so I assume they have some special meaning.)  Is this a required input?  Maybe I can ignore the DAC output and just read the Display value X (the demodulator output) using command S0?  Also, supposedly this VI scans from 40 to 80 Hz, but I don't see how that's programmed in.  I'm rather new to this, so thanks very much for any help.

Andrew
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,762 Views)
Hi Andrew,

I haven't used the SR510 before, but what you could do is doubleclick on SR510.vi in the example VI. This would open up what looks like the configuration subVI. By looking at the commands being sent to the SR510 and comparing that to the manual, you should be able to figure out what the particular VI is doing.

Let us know how it goes!
Rasheel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,739 Views)
I'm unsure how a specific frequency is selected using this vi.  What if I want to scan from 45 kHz to 55 kHz?  Or look just at 50 kHz?

Can anyone assist?

Thanks!
Andrew
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,717 Views)
Hi Andrew,

Have you looked at the manual to see what commands are needed in order to specify the frequency range? Also you could try calling the manufacturer up to see if they can help with specifying the range.

Let us know how that goes!
Rasheel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,656 Views)