Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger pulse length

Using 5441 I can't adjust the trigger pulse length.

My 5441 produces a trigger length of about 200ns for started signal on PFI0. My receiving device has optocoupler trigger input and doesn't notice the trigger, because 200ns is too short.

When using the script mode I overcame this by using data marker like:  marker0(0,500) with marker event output behaviour: toggle.

I don't use script mode here because I have to readjust the output voltage every 20ms according to my control setup.

Any suggestions on how to increase the trigger pulse width?

trigger_pulse_length.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(934 Views)

There is a "Started Event" that you can configure the same as the Marker Events. Did you try exporting that signal and configuring it?

#define NIFGEN_ATTR_STARTED_EVENT_OUTPUT_TERMINAL (IVI_SPECIFIC_PUBLIC_ATTR_BASE + 314L) /* ViString */

#define NIFGEN_ATTR_STARTED_EVENT_OUTPUT_BEHAVIOR (IVI_SPECIFIC_PUBLIC_ATTR_BASE + 331L) /* ViInt32 */

#define NIFGEN_ATTR_STARTED_EVENT_LEVEL_ACTIVE_LEVEL (IVI_SPECIFIC_PUBLIC_ATTR_BASE + 316L) /* ViInt32 */

#define NIFGEN_ATTR_STARTED_EVENT_PULSE_POLARITY (IVI_SPECIFIC_PUBLIC_ATTR_BASE + 318L) /* ViInt32 */

#define NIFGEN_ATTR_STARTED_EVENT_PULSE_WIDTH_UNITS (IVI_SPECIFIC_PUBLIC_ATTR_BASE + 333L) /* ViInt32 */

#define NIFGEN_ATTR_STARTED_EVENT_PULSE_WIDTH (IVI_SPECIFIC_PUBLIC_ATTR_BASE + 335L) /* ViReal64 */

#define NIFGEN_ATTR_STARTED_EVENT_DELAY (IVI_SPECIFIC_PUBLIC_ATTR_BASE + 356L) /* ViReal64 */

#define NIFGEN_ATTR_STARTED_EVENT_DELAY_UNITS (IVI_SPECIFIC_PUBLIC_ATTR_BASE + 357L) /* ViInt32 */

#define NIFGEN_ATTR_STARTED_EVENT_LATCHED_STATUS (IVI_SPECIFIC_PUBLIC_ATTR_BASE + 352L) /* ViBoolean */
Marcos Kirsch
Chief Software Engineer
NI Driver Software
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(843 Views)