From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The input digital waveform of DAC

I think there are two ways ,I'd like to know the differences.
First,this method is used to analog out.For some multifunction DAQ such as 6025E,we can use them to analog out,The digital waveform input to the DAC is generated by
"Basic Function Generator.vi",
Second,this method is used to test DAC.When we test DAC,we always use Digital Waveform Generator such as NI PXI-6562 to generate digital waveform ,then input them to
DAC directly.We analyze the output analog waveform to estimate the parameters of the DAC.
What is the differences between the two kinds of digital waveforms.Can we use "Basic Function Generator.vi" to generate high freq waveforms?What does it depend on?
If we use the first method to test DAC,does it work?

Thanks!
Any help would be grateful!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,836 Views)
I do not know much about your second method. However, for the first method, you can generate higher frequncy, by setting "sampling info" in "Basic Function Generator.vi" with a higher value.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,821 Views)
If you want to learn more about testing DAC,you can read NI tutorial "Evaluating High-Performance Digital-to-Analog Converters Using NI LabVIEW and Modular Instruments".
If we use the first method to test DAC,does it help?
Can anybody help me?
Thanks a lot.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,816 Views)
It depends on which parameters you want to test for your DAC and the precision.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,814 Views)