From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System.IO.FileNotFoundException Message occurs, when my application runs

Hello.

I am developing on Windows 7, Visual Studio .net 2010, and Measurement Studio 2010 SP1.
After distributing and installing applications, they well works on my computer(of course), windows 7, and windows vista operating system, BUT NOT ON WINDOWS XP (ONLY).
When an application starts to run on XP, an error message like the attached file, pops up.
When I delete all NI component and their reference dll from the project, it works well on XP also.
Thus, I think there are some mismatches about assembly of NI and my applications.

Thus anyone can help me to solve this problem.

Thank you very much.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(7,470 Views)

Hi Mylogic,

You may be experiencing the same issue the user in this thread was experiencing. Both of my posts describe scenarios that may lead to this issue. If none of those suggestions resolve your issue, then please send me a Fusion log from your system. A Fusion log is useful for troubleshooting issues with loading .NET dependencies. You can find instructions on how to create a Fusion log here.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(7,430 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

1. In the thread that you recommand, he said " Install the driver to the target" . What driver he means ? NI drivers in the link is too huge. Installation is perfect on Win7 and Vista environment whihch do not have any NI driver, so I think my application does not need NI drivers.

2. I attached fusion log file. please refer it. 

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(7,417 Views)

It looks like your application is having trouble locating System.Web.dll on the target system. This is a dependency of NationalInstruments.Common.dll, but is part of the .NET framework and should be installed into the GAC. Double-check that this assembly is on your target system in the GAC. What version of the .NET framework do you have installed on the target system, the Full framework or the Client Profile? You will need the full version for National Instruments assemblies.

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,410 Views)